A first post on a new blog always feels so fresh and nice!

Recently spring has begun and as an interesting coincidence, so has the BJD hobby sparked excitement for me again! Many years ago when I bought my first doll, I remember the nicest photos I ever took before that point were that first spring amid the plum blossoms, so that is such a special memory now~ It has been quite some time since then and in recent years my dollies have been tucked away for a good long while as I have been going through the motions of life, careers, many moves, and just finding my way through the world. But a few months ago I became inspired to give them attention again and decided to pick up a few new things for them, give them a proper display place instead of having them hidden away (usually their boxes to avoid light), and change up their styles a bit to what I always dreamed. I also was hit with a strong desire to make a cute place to ramble about them, which led to creating this blog~ Customizing cute websites is always such a relaxing activity for me and I feel so cool (haha) using the incredibly limited HTML coding skills I learned over the years, so that was fun to do! I wanted something simple and calm and am quite pleased with how it turned out!

Long ago I used to write about my dollie adventures, share photos, and share thoughts and ideas but at some point it stopped giving me the joy, which I imagine is due to going through some challenging trials that life can be sometimes; however, my passion to do so suddenly hit me out of nowhere as strongly as the new spring season appeared and I feel excited to begin enjoying all the different aspects of the BJD hobby again! Even if I don't continue this blog forever, I am looking forward to having a place to prattle on about my dollie thoughts, share news, and have a reference to look back at my experiences in the future. One big dream I have had for quite some time is to become better at sewing and be able to make my dolls some EGL clothing. (A true dream would be having a little atelier of sorts, but that is definitely biting off more than I can manage!) So if I do finally start down that road, it would be fun to share the very certain many bumps that would entail hehe.

Unlike when I used to write about BJD things, I now have a complete "doll family" which I am very content with, so I no longer plan to get any more except for two long time dream dolls if I can ever even find them (although I always feel like those are famous last words until a new sculpt inevitably comes along...)- One being a Chii Super Dollfie, which is definitely a pipe dream at this point due to her age and rarity. In fact, this is where the name Piffle Patisserie is from, inspired by Piffle Princess Co. from the CLAMP universe and that Chii worked at a bakery, so a cute fusion of the two! It was because of her sculpt that made get into BJDs all those years ago. The other is a Sweet Dreams Mika Mini Super Dollfie, who I have been on the lookout as a full set with her original faceup if she ever appears, which seems equally as uncommon! So otherwise, I won't have a lot of doll planning to ponder about unlike before where I would write about which sculpts I was tempted to purchase and swooning over all the possibilities hehe. But I do hope that trying to be a bit creative at some point (when I feel brave enough) will give me more things to write about! In the meantime, I will share essentially whatever BJD things are on my mind, new supplies and clothing I pick up, and of course photos again which is incredibly exciting to think about!

♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

‧ᰔ‧